Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Learning to Read . . . Braille

A woman comes to library to ask if we have any books that will teach her how to read braille. (She's not blind.)

"Do you want books in braille?"

"No. I can't read."

"You can't read braille?"

"No, I can't read. I thought it would be easier to learn to read braille than to learn to read. So I'd like a book that teaches me how to read braille."

Blank stare. And how are you planning to read that book?

Needless to say, I was not able to help her. The BITTER LIBRARIAN strikes again!

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Bully! said...

That's so twisted!!!
You couldn't even hook the poor gal up with a Braille book. Come now, it's not like she could find it herself.
I never thought librarians were so cruel (or silly) until now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home