Saturday, January 14, 2006

They Start Early

Before I could even get the doors open this morning, a "gentleman" was literally beating them down. I made him wait an extra few minutes and then proceeded to unlock them.

"Good Morning," I said in my cheeriest angry voice. "Please don't do that to the doors. You could break them."

He huffs loudly, but I guess decides that I'm not the best target for his discontent. When I return to the desk, he is registering his complaint with one of the girls at the desk. His method of attack: find the weakest link, and sink your teeth in. If he picks on the lowest man on the totem pole, nothing changes and he doesn't have to worry about having nothing to complain about. I come in in the middle of his ambuscade.

"You opened the doors late. And it's cold out there!"

Interesting, since I'm the one who opened the doors, and this poor soul was down here the whole time. Under the intense pressure, I'm rather proud of her counterattack.

"I'm sorry sir, but we can't control the weather."

Way to go! That stunned him to silence.

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Happy Villain said...

The bullies do tend to focus on the weakest prey, but it's nice when they're wrong.

I always fly to the aid of the staff members who have a more sensitive demeanor and get picked on. However, sometimes it's me getting picked on and in that case, it's a lonely, lonely place to be.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger NonAnon said...

Bitter Librarian! Where'd you go? I miss your bitter posts.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger smashinglibrarian said...

Oh bitter librarian,
where have you gone. You haven't posted in oh so long. We miss you.

I found your blog thru another, and enjoy your exploits.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger j- said...

"You opened the doors late. And it's cold out there!"

You got here too early.
Don't you own a jacket?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home